After the bodies of sisters Liza (5) and Akshara (3) were recovered from their home in Gill Colony of Daba on Friday, police claim that their mother Manjinder Kaur had attempted suicide by jumping into a canal on Friday noon after allegedly killing the girls.
Kaur was rescued by some persons and admitted to Civil Hospital where she concealed her identity, said police.
Meanwhile, Daba police registered FIR against her on the statement of Jagtar Masih, father of the girls. Police claim that the woman did not answer any of their questions.
- Man who fell from Mantralaya committed suicide, say police
- Harassed, 16-year-old girl commits suicide in Uttar Pradesh
- ‘Missing’ mother found dead, three held in Sitapur
- Arpita Tiwari murder case: Month after death of 25 year old, friend held
- Couple found dead, police say they ‘jumped off building after slashing their wrists’
- Infuriated at ‘sight of her face’, man kills two-and-a-half-yr-old daughter in Ludhiana village
On postmortem, the girls appeared to have been strangled to death. Doctors also said that bodies were at least two days old, based on the rate of decomposition.
Inspector Vinod Kumar, SHO Daba police station said that the father is a truck driver. “When he returned home from a tour Friday late, he sensed a foul smell from one fo the rooms. The bodies of the two girls were found covered with a blanket.,” he said.
He added that the police will arrest the woman once she is discharged.