Shot across Jalandhar and Amritsar, Congress Sunday released latest video of Chahunda Hai Panjab, Captain Di Sarkaar under its Punjab Da Captain campaign for upcoming polls. The four-minute video, conceptualised by poll strategist Prashant Kishor’s IPAC team, was released on social media.
In a veiled attack on the AAP, the Congress projects the party as ‘outsiders’. In one of the scenes, a Sikh man is shown sharing his opinion with a few people wearing white topis, but the microphone is taken away from him and his opinions ignored. Later, he is shown switching to Congress where he is “honoured” and given “right to express his opinions freely”.
The lyrics that goes with this sequence proclaimed Punjab Congress chief Captain Amarinder Singh as the one who knew every inch of the state, its culture and history before concluding that the state wanted Captain’s government.
The video also hits out at the SAD-BJP government and its leaders who are shown hands-in-glove with drug dealers. And justifying the act, a lyrics in the video states that people should be prepared to throw them out. ‘Than than bethe hoye ne yaaron nashean de vyapaari ,ehna nu ethon kaddan di karlo hun tyaari (Drug traffickers are sitting here in every nook and corner, people should throw them out now).
An IPAC member said, “By showing people with white topis, we have targeted AAP. Our aim is to portray Captain as the son of Punjab. When it comes to drugs, that segment clearly hits out at current SAD-BJP regime whose politicians are allegedly shielding drug trade.”
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched