Although paddy harvesting is on full swing in Punjab, the state government is yet to provide around 1100 subsidised farm implements proposed for this year to manage the straw from the harvest. This delay may result in farmers burning the straw thereby increasing air pollution in surrounding areas, including Delhi.
This year, Punjab was sanctioned Rs 10 crore for the machines that include 125 balers, 125 mould board blows and gyro rakes, 300 happy seeders, 445 choppers and shredders – all used to manage the paddy stubble. The state has almost 30 lakh hectares under paddy, which means a large number of machines will be required.
The Rs 10 crore is miniscule considering, according to the agriculture department, Rs 1600 crore will be required over the next five years to provide subsidised machines. “However, Punjab has not even received the Rs 10 crore yet. When it does come and we give farmers the machines, it would be time to sow wheat,” said a senior officer from the department.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Agriculture department director Dr. Jasbir Singh Bains said his department was trying to provide farmers this machine before the wheat sowing season.