AS the wards that they wanted to contest from are reserved for women, leaders of political parties are seeking tickets for their wives in the civic polls. BJP’s Saurabh Joshi’s wife is being considered to contest from ward 2, where Joshi is councillor. SAD leader Jagjit Singh Kang is likely to field his wife from ward 9. Sources said Congress youth wing president Harmail Kesri was also making efforts to field his wife from ward 17. At present, Congress’s Mukesh Bassi is councillor. Bassi is now trying to get a ticket from Sectors 27, 28.
Watch What Else Is Making News
From ward 12, which is also reserved for women, earlier Congress member Anand Singh was trying to contest. Now he is trying to get a ticket for his wife. However, Congress leader Chandramukhi Sharma, who was likely to contest from ward no 2, has a different take.
“Fielding my wife when she has not participated in any of the activities should not happen. Last time, too, I was told to field her but I refused,” said Sharma.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016