The Punjab and Haryana High Court on Friday directed the Chandigarh Municipal Corporation to shift the garbage dumping site near Bal Niketan, Sector 15, to some other place.
The directions came from the court headed by Justice Surya Kant while hearing a case with regard to the facilities in special homes in Chandigarh, including Nari Niketan, Snehalaya and Bal Niketan.
The High Court had been asking the municipal authorities to find some other suitable place for shifting of the garbage dumping since September last year after amicus curiae in the case had shown photographs of dumping site in front of Bal Niketan, Sector 15, submitting that most of the open space in front of Bal Niketan was being used to collect and dump the garbage, ultimately affecting the children.
- NGT directs Haryana to submit action plan on waste management
- Punjab and Haryana High Court seeks Centre’s opinion on demolishing old govt houses in Chandigarh
- Jhuriwala village, Panchkula: HC tells Haryana to file reply on shifting dumping ground
- Chief Administrator asked to appear in court over garbage dumping site
- Consider diversion of water from Patiala ki Rao,Ghaggar into Sukhna
- File case on burning garbage: MC to cops
During the resumed hearing of the case, the Chandigarh Administration informed the court that the renovation work of all special homes in the city was being carried out on fast track.
The case will now come up for hearing on April 29.