Professor Arun Kumar Grover, who was all set to retire in July this year as Panjab University’s (PU) Vice-Chancellor, will continue to hold the post for another three years as PU Chancellor Hamid Ansari has granted him an extension.
A PU alumnus, Professor Grover had joined PU in July 2012 as the V-C. It was during his tenure that PU was ranked 1 in the Times Higher Education ranking of world universities.
In the upcoming days, Professor Grover intends to boost recruitment of teachers and implement the Choice-Based Credit System (CBCS), single-bedded rooms for each student in the hostels, better facilities for the research scholars, and more research projects at the Region Innovation and Knowledge Cluster (CRIKC). He also intends to implement the recommendations submitted by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
- Anu Chatrath, Dalip Kumar elected as members of Panjab University Board of Finance
- Complaint against PU V-C: Arun Kumar Grover defends Registrar’s move at Syndicate meet
- HC wants updated list of posts lying vacant at PU
- PU Syndicate defers decision on extension of V-Cs wifes term
- PU V-C delivers Raman lecture
- TIFRs Arun Grover named PU vice-chancellor