PU declares BCom tentative merit list,113.4% highest cut off

Panjab University (PU) on Monday declared its first tentative merit list for the Bachelor of Commerce (B Com) course with the highest merit marks cut-off at 113.4 percent for the general pool and 113.2 per cent for the reserved category.

Written by Express News Service | Chandigarh | Published:July 2, 2013 2:39 am

Panjab University (PU) on Monday declared its first tentative merit list for the Bachelor of Commerce (B Com) course with the highest merit marks cut-off at 113.4 percent for the general pool and 113.2 per cent for the reserved category.

The lowest cut off in general category is 49.4 percent and in reserved pool is 37.1 percent. While 85 per cent of the seats are for the general category,the remaining 15 per cent are for the reserved pool.

The names of as many as 2,934 students figured in the general category of the merit list. The varsity is coordinating the centralized B.Com admissions. These admissions will be made in the varsity’s evening department and in all the PU affiliated colleges located in the city.

The course has 2,030 seats including 1,120 seats in co-education colleges,770 seats in women colleges and 140 seats in Post Graduate Government College,Sector 11.

At DAV College,Sector 11 there are 210 seats; 70 seats in Department of Evening Studies; GGDSD College,Sector 26 has 280 seats; Government College of Commerce and Business Administration,Sector 42; and Post Graduate Government College,Sector 46 have140 seats each.

Dev Samaj College for Women,Sector 45 has 140 seats; 210 seats are there at MCM DAV College for Women,Sector 36; 140 seats at Guru Gobind Singh College for Women,Sector 26; 140 seats at Post Graduate Government College for Girls,Sector 11 and 140 seats at Post Graduate Government College for Girls,Sector 42. These colleges are for women only.

Students can file their objections,if any,to the merit list at bcomadmissions@pu.ac.in between July 2 and July 4 till 4 pm. The final merit list,however,will be displayed on July 8.

PU has declared that the schedule for first physical counselling for admission will be available by July 9. All information will be available on bcomadmissions.puchd.ac.in.

For all the latest Cities News, download Indian Express App

    Live Cricket Scores & Results
    Express Adda