The Upcoming Board of Finance (BOF), Panjab University(PU) meeting to be held on November 15 will yet again take up the issue of pay pertaining to the varsity’s registrar and will also will take a call on whether the University can afford to appoint the new chief security officer, keeping in mind the current fiscal crisis existing in PU.
The Syndicate meeting held on May 15 had resolved that PU Registrar Col G S Chadha, should be granted two increments on minimum pay. The case was further passed to a BOF meeting held on August 1 seeking comments of the Union Ministry of Human Resource and Development(MHRD).
The University further received a letter on August 24 from R C Bhatt, Deputy Director, University Grant Commission(UGC) who said that as per the department of personnel and training in the union government, the pay of re-employed pensioner needs to be regulated in the light of the central government and the UGC’s orders.
The UGC letter also stated that the “Registrar of the University is a retired commissioned defence officer and it is evident from the salary statement that he is being paid the minimum pay of the scale without deducting the amount of pension etc which is a violation of the Government of India order and direction from the UGC.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The UGC had sought the correct factual position along with quoting documents in this regard. The over payment made due to wrong pay fixation may be recovered from his salary immediately under information to this office and the local audit department, Chandigarh. The University had submitted a detailed clarification on the observtions made by the UGC. The Vice Chancellor had also sought legal opinion on this issue. Among other things to be discussed would be the appointment of chief security officer lying vacant for a long period of time.