By removing Colony Number 5 as well as five other colonies in sectors 52 and 53, the administration has freed the last major chunk of land within the sectoral grid, measuring more than 100 acres, for a facelift.
The land is earmarked for development of a commercial belt. The administration is also contemplating having a housing project in the area.
According to the draft Master Plan of the city, Vikas Marg, which runs along the northern edge of sectors 39 to 47, is proposed to be developed on the lines of Madhya Marg. A 75-metre to 100-metre wide belt has been earmarked for commercial and institutional development on either side of Vikas Marg. The Master Plan had proposed that instead of having SCOs, malls should be built.
Since Chandigarh is surrounded by Punjab and Haryana, scarcity of land is a vital issue. The development of the vacant spaces is being done in a manner that optimum utilisation of the land takes place. For this, mixed land use has been suggested for this area. Commercial, residential and institutional buildings will be constructed.
However, the exact plans will be finalised once the Master Plan is ready. A Metro corridor is also proposed along Vikas Marg once the project gets under way. In Sector 53, a site has been earmarked for a Planetarium and a 500-bedded regional trauma centre.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched