By removing Colony Number 5 as well as five other colonies in sectors 52 and 53, the administration has freed the last major chunk of land within the sectoral grid, measuring more than 100 acres, for a facelift.
The land is earmarked for development of a commercial belt. The administration is also contemplating having a housing project in the area.
According to the draft Master Plan of the city, Vikas Marg, which runs along the northern edge of sectors 39 to 47, is proposed to be developed on the lines of Madhya Marg. A 75-metre to 100-metre wide belt has been earmarked for commercial and institutional development on either side of Vikas Marg. The Master Plan had proposed that instead of having SCOs, malls should be built.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
Since Chandigarh is surrounded by Punjab and Haryana, scarcity of land is a vital issue. The development of the vacant spaces is being done in a manner that optimum utilisation of the land takes place. For this, mixed land use has been suggested for this area. Commercial, residential and institutional buildings will be constructed.
However, the exact plans will be finalised once the Master Plan is ready. A Metro corridor is also proposed along Vikas Marg once the project gets under way. In Sector 53, a site has been earmarked for a Planetarium and a 500-bedded regional trauma centre.