While Dr Lalit Virmani, former District Health Officer of Panchkula, remained at large, police on Wednesday seized the CCTV footage from Hotel Shivalik View where he had allegedly raped a woman after drugging her last Sunday.
Sources said the footage showed Dr Vermani entering the hotel with the woman, going to the reception and booking a room, and the two are seen entering the. room together.
Later, they are seen coming out of the room and walking to the lift. The woman is seen texting on her phone while the doctor is adjusting his hair, sources said.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
In her complaint, the women had stated that she had been drugged and that she was not in her senses when she left the room. The police also collected the woman’s mobile phone, the clothes she was wearing when she was allegedly raped, and call the records of the woman and the accused doctor.
However, a police official said the chances of getting any evidence from the clothes were poor as the woman had washed these after the incident.
The case against Dr Vermani was registered on Monday evening when the woman approached the police and alleged that the doctor had taken her to Hotel Shivalik view for a meeting to get her a job and then drugged her by spiking her orange juice.
After having the juice, the woman was rendered unconscious and she woke up two hours later to find herself in an inappropriate condition. The woman said that the doctor dropped her home, but she remained under the influence of drug and gained consciousness only on Monday.