Police have not yet been able to solve the Panjab University firing and the PGI ambulance racket cases.
Both the cases are being investigated by Sector 11 police station. In April, several rounds were fired by a student group, following an altercation between two groups at the Panjab University. Three people were injured. While the police arrested two accused in the case, four others are still on run in which three are wanted gangsters of Punjab.
- Chandigarh: Crime branch taken from SSP, now put under SP
- Kasganj communal clash: Two more arrested, 29 accused charged with sedition
- Fake degree racket busted: DU graduate, two others ran 27 fraud websites, arrested
- Three held for snatching, thefts
- Chandigarh ambulance racket: ‘They did everything on phone… couldn’t watch 600 guards’
- Firing on Panjab University campus: Police arrest two leaders of PUSU, register case against five
The police are clueless about the kingpin of PGI ambulance racket in which 10 people have been already arrested, but, the two main accused are on run. Two accused identified as Gagandeep Singh, alias Fauji, along with Satti, are absconding in the case.
Inspector General of Police Tejinder Singh Luthra said: “The accused in the one of the cases are hardcore criminals and some people were patronizing them. It is not that we are not making efforts, we are working on it and definitely we will catch them soon. In some cases, it sometimes take time.”