The Special Investigation Team (SIT) formed to probe the abetment to suicide case of chief manager of a local Punjab National Bank branch on Thursday recorded the statement of the manager’s wife. The SIT was recently formed after the case was transferred to the Panchkula Police from the Government Railway Police.
On July 2, Ajay Sehgal, chief manager at PNB’s branch in Sector 20, allegedly committed suicide after jumping in front of a train at a railway track near Mauli Jagran. Sehgal, in his suicide note, had accused his two seniors A K Gupta and J K Gupta, of mental harassment.
In her statement, Sehgal’s wife Rama told the SIT that her husband often used to tell her how the accused used to harass and pressurise him to carry out work that was unauthorised and illegal as per the guidelines laid down by the bank. Rama further told the SIT that her husband used to directly report to A K Gupta, then Deputy General Manager.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The other accused J K Gupta was earlier the General Manager at PNB. Both the accused have been suspended.