The Special Investigation Team (SIT) formed to probe the abetment to suicide case of chief manager of a local Punjab National Bank branch on Thursday recorded the statement of the manager’s wife. The SIT was recently formed after the case was transferred to the Panchkula Police from the Government Railway Police.
On July 2, Ajay Sehgal, chief manager at PNB’s branch in Sector 20, allegedly committed suicide after jumping in front of a train at a railway track near Mauli Jagran. Sehgal, in his suicide note, had accused his two seniors A K Gupta and J K Gupta, of mental harassment.
In her statement, Sehgal’s wife Rama told the SIT that her husband often used to tell her how the accused used to harass and pressurise him to carry out work that was unauthorised and illegal as per the guidelines laid down by the bank. Rama further told the SIT that her husband used to directly report to A K Gupta, then Deputy General Manager.
The other accused J K Gupta was earlier the General Manager at PNB. Both the accused have been suspended.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More