In order to check traffic problems at the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), the institute has come up with Phase II of traffic decongestion at the PGI campus, which will be implemented from February 1.
At PGI, more than 7,000 patients from the adjoining states come for treatment daily. With such footfall, traffic congestion has always been a major problem for the PGI authorities.
To solve the problem, the institute had been mulling over solutions for some time and has finally come up with a new plan.
Under this phase, the road in front of the Bhargava Auditorium leading towards the parking will be made one way from 9am to 5pm. It will facilitate to decongest the Kairon Road and especially the road in front of Bhargava Auditorium.
All staff vehicles parked behind Research Block ‘A’ will enter as well as exit from the material gate, also known as Gate Number 4. Further, the existing entry and exit points which are adjacent to Zakir Hall will be closed. Gate number 4 that opens towards Madhya Marg, will also be an exit point for vehicles of employees as well as public, parked behind Research Block ‘B’.
The number of cars parked behind Research block ‘A’ is about 300 and at the parking behind Research Block ‘B’ the number of vehicles increases to about 700. By making the entry and exit of these vehicles from gate number 4, the traffic problem on the main road can be checked.
With daily footfall of thousands of new patients, traffic at PGI was becoming one of the major challenges. Earlier while talking to Newsline, Dr YK Chawla, Director, PGI had said, “Traffic on the main road of the institute is one of the major challenges, which we plan to improve in next few weeks, by making it one way.”
Manju Wadwalkar, PGI spokesperson said, “This would be in the interest of safety and security of patients, their attendants and relatives and employees of the institute.” Earlier, during Phase 1 of traffic decongestion programme, the road in front and behind the Nehru hospital was made one way.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free