President of the Chandigarh Territorial Congress Committee,B B Bahl,and local MP Pawan Kumar Bansal were present as the national flag was unfurled at the Congress Bhawan in Sector 35. While Bahl said freedom fighters who laid down their lives for the countrys independence should be remembered,Bansal called for working towards the betterment of the nation. Addressing party workers at the Congress Bhawan,Bansal said he was committed to work for the development of the city. He also elaborated on the policies of the central government. Bansal expressed confidence the Parliament would soon pass the UPAs Food Security Bill aimed at providing cheaper foodgrains to 81 crore poor Indians. The city MP also addressed a gathering at Palsora Colony,where he said Right to Education (RTE) was one of the important focus areas for the central government and he would ensure people benefit under the scheme.
President of BJPs city unit,Sanjay Tandon,unfurled the national flag at the BJP office in Sector 33 on Thursday. Addressing party workers,Tandon talked about recent ceasefire violations by Pakistan. He said Indian soldiers were competent enough to retaliate. Tandon also attended functions at Ramdarbar,Colony Number 4,Manimajra and Mauli Jagran. Satya Pal Jain,former MP and national chairman of the BJPs committee on Legal Affairs and Election Commission Issues,said the Prime Ministers address from Red-Fort would be the last address of not only the present PM but any Prime Minister of the Congress. Jain said the 10-year rule of the Congress led UPA at the centre had been a failure. Meanwhile,former president of the party,Jai Ram Joshi unfurled the tricolour at Kumhar Colony Maloya,Sector 25 and Maulijagran.
Janata Dal (United)
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
President of JD(U)s Chandigarh unit,Surinder Bhardwaj,hoisted the national flag at Manimajra and Mauli Jagran and addressed gatherings at both places. Bhardwaj said since Independence,people of the country had not yet experienced the true sense of independence. He said that the country had been bifurcated into two sections -Shining India and Hindustan.