President of the Chandigarh Territorial Congress Committee,B B Bahl,and local MP Pawan Kumar Bansal were present as the national flag was unfurled at the Congress Bhawan in Sector 35. While Bahl said freedom fighters who laid down their lives for the countrys independence should be remembered,Bansal called for working towards the betterment of the nation. Addressing party workers at the Congress Bhawan,Bansal said he was committed to work for the development of the city. He also elaborated on the policies of the central government. Bansal expressed confidence the Parliament would soon pass the UPAs Food Security Bill aimed at providing cheaper foodgrains to 81 crore poor Indians. The city MP also addressed a gathering at Palsora Colony,where he said Right to Education (RTE) was one of the important focus areas for the central government and he would ensure people benefit under the scheme.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
President of BJPs city unit,Sanjay Tandon,unfurled the national flag at the BJP office in Sector 33 on Thursday. Addressing party workers,Tandon talked about recent ceasefire violations by Pakistan. He said Indian soldiers were competent enough to retaliate. Tandon also attended functions at Ramdarbar,Colony Number 4,Manimajra and Mauli Jagran. Satya Pal Jain,former MP and national chairman of the BJPs committee on Legal Affairs and Election Commission Issues,said the Prime Ministers address from Red-Fort would be the last address of not only the present PM but any Prime Minister of the Congress. Jain said the 10-year rule of the Congress led UPA at the centre had been a failure. Meanwhile,former president of the party,Jai Ram Joshi unfurled the tricolour at Kumhar Colony Maloya,Sector 25 and Maulijagran.
Janata Dal (United)
President of JD(U)s Chandigarh unit,Surinder Bhardwaj,hoisted the national flag at Manimajra and Mauli Jagran and addressed gatherings at both places. Bhardwaj said since Independence,people of the country had not yet experienced the true sense of independence. He said that the country had been bifurcated into two sections -Shining India and Hindustan.