For collaboration in teaching, research projects, staff and student exchange programmes and joint academic and scientific activities, the Panjab University on Monday signed a memorandum of understanding with the University of Western Sydney (UWS), Australia. UWS is ranked 50th in the world’s top 100 universities according to the Times higher education ranking.
A high-level delegation of University of Western Sydney was on a visit to the Panjab University to explore possibilities of academic collaborations. Seeking to broaden the scope of the academic curriculum, PU Vice- Chancellor Arun Kumar Grover and UWS V-C Barney Glover signed the agreement.
Grover said, “We have NRI seats in all departments but very few of them are occupied every year. Through this MoU, I am sure, the number of NRI students coming to our university will increase. While there are 10 per cent of international students studying at the Australian university, we only have 1 per cent of such students.”
Glover said, “We want to encourage more Indian students to visit Australia for studies. There are a lot of scholarships and paid internships waiting for them. Both universities will work on activities like new courses, conferences, seminars, symposia or lectures, exchange of academic staff for teaching and exchange of students to undertake study or participate in research programmes.”
Under the MoU, PU and UWS agreed to appoint a coordinator who will be responsible for managing the development and conduct of joint activities. Either of the universities may initiate proposals at any time and submit them to the other university. If both universities agree to implement a proposal, then they will enter into a legally binding agreement.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched