Launching a crackdown on drug smugglers, the crime branch of Panchkula police has arrested two persons with contraband in two separate cases here on Friday.
In the first case, the accused, Vijay Kumar, a resident of Sarkaghaat (Himachal Pradesh), was arrested from Himshikha Colony, Pinjore, with 8gm heroin.
- Madhya Pradesh: Three youths arrested for offensive post against queen Padmini
- Haryana rape case: Man arrested for mutilating private parts of 10-yr-old girl
- Haryana Police yet to arrest Aditya Insan and 66 others, facing charges of conspiracy
- Chandigarh Special Task Force arrests Nigerian, seizes 200 gram heroin
- High-profile drug peddler arrested, cocaine, LSD pills seized from him
- 4 held with country-made pistols, live cartridges
“We had received a tip off, following which we apprehended him in Himshikha Colony, Pinjore. Investigation is on and we are interrogating him about his other accomplices in the crime,” said inspector Sandeep from the crime branch of the Panchkula police.
The second accused was arrested from a public park in Sector 5, Panchkula. Kishori Lal, a resident of Mandi (Himachal Pradesh), was arrested with 500gms of charas.
Both the accused were booked under relevant sections of the NDPS Act and were produced in a local court on Friday.
Vijay was sent to police remand for three days, while Lal was remanded in police custody for two days.
WATCH INDIAN EXPRESS VIDEOS HERE
On Thursday, the police arrested a woman resident of Himachal Pradesh, Pooja, from Sector 5 MDC and recovered 7kg cannabis from her possession.
She is also in the police custody of Women Police Station.