Haryana Women and Child Development Minister Kavita Jain Thursday launched a scheme to gift items of ‘Navratri puja’ such as coconut, prasad, etc to families of girls during Navratri festival. Jain, who paid obeisance and performed a yajna at Mata Mansa Devi Shrine Complex in Panchkula, expressed concern over the poor sex ratio in rural areas of Panchkula.
She said during Navratri festival, the Mata Mansa Devi Shrine Board would gift items of ‘Navratri puja’ to families of girls.
Jain, who also interacted with mediapersons said the ‘Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao’ campaign was aimed at creating public awareness regarding the need for protection and welfare of the girl child.
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
The ‘Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao’ scheme was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Panipat last year.