Dismissing that the alleged cold war between him and the mayor has affected the development of the town, municipal commissioner Lalit Siwach said works worth Rs 19.4 crore were completed by the corporation this year, including Rs 2 crore for maintenance of street lights. “Works worth Rs 19.4 crore have been completed and work orders have been issued for Rs 17.8 crore in various wards. The work of re-carpeting of roads will be completed by the first week of December and estimates have been sent for repair of other main roads,” he said.
Watch What Else Is Making News
Admitting that the tussle continues between officials and councilors, Siwach said: “In spite of the ongoing bickering and tussle in the civic body, various types of work are going on undeterred.”
In the last meeting of the corporation, there was war of words between councillors and commissioner over various issues, which included the showcause notice for suspension sent to Mayor Upinder Kaur Ahluwalia by Ambala DC. Siwach along with executive officer O P Sihag and others had walked out of the meeting in protest.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
As per the data, the civic body has completed developmental works worth Rs 19.4 crore this year. Maximum work of Rs 2.2 crore was completed for each of the two wards, including ward no 9 of BJP councillor C B Goel and ward no 10 of Congress councillor Bhawna Gupta. However, Goel said the work only included repair and re-carpeting of roads.
“The roads were in pathetic condition for years, which have now been repaired and re-carpeted. Other than that, no funds were spent on infrastructure or in bringing solution for other problems, be it the stray dog or stray cattle menace. The development was only about the roads,” said Goel.
Ward no 10 consisting of sectors 9, 16 and 17 lead with work of Rs 2.2 crore completed this year and work orders have been issued for Rs 2.2 crore. While other wards including ward no 5 comprising Pinjore, ward no 19 of trans-Ghaggar sectors and ward no 6 remained neglected.
At present, re-carpeting of roads is underway in various sectors including sectors 2, 4, 11, 12 and parts of Industrial Area, Phase 1. An estimate of around Rs 5 crore each has been sent for re-carpeting of road from Bella Vista to Sector 5-11 Chowk and Dharampur Road in Pinjore.