A pedestrian was killed after being hit by a loaded tipper truck near Majri Chowk, Sector 1, here on Friday.
The accident happened when the victim was walking from Majri Chowk towards Sector 21 and a loaded tipper truck (HR-68-80495) hit him. The truck was taking a turn towards Zirakpur. The truck driver fled from the spot. The victim was rushed to the General Hospital, Sector 6, where he was declared dead on arrival. The body was kept in the mortuary.
The police were yet to identify the victim who appeared to be in his 30s.
A case was registered against the truck driver for causing death due to negligence at Sector 5 police station.
“We have registered a case,” said Sector 21 police post in-charge.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More