The vigilance department arrested an assistant sub-inspector of the Haryana police after he was allegedly caught red-handed accepting a bribe on Saturday.
The suspect has been booked under PC act. According to the police, Prem Chand was posted in Panchkula. He was arrested by the vigilance team from Yamunanagar.
- Celebrity spotting: Kareena Kapoor Khan, Karisma Kapoor, Taapsee Pannu and Aamir Khan rock airport look
- Sourav Kothari wins gold in billiards in Asian Indoor Games
- Roger Federer leads Team Europe to Laver Cup title win
- Surgical strikes can be repeated if necessary, Army Chief Bipin Rawat warns Pakistan
- What is Saubhagya Yojana
- Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai 25 September full episode written update: Naksh and Keerti celebrate their mehndi with a Muslim family
The police said Hukam Singh, a resident of Alipur village in Panchkula, submitted a complaint stating that he had complained to the police regarding a dowry case, following which a case was registered under Section 498A against his son-in-law who stays in Mohali.
The complainant alleged that the police were not taking any action in the case. He alleged that the ASI had then demanded a bribe of Rs 2,500 to take action in the case.
Following the complaint, a trap was laid on Friday night by the vigilance officials. An officer said the ASI was called to Sector 10 for taking the money, where he was nabbed red-handed.