After the success of package deals for surgeries in several PGI departments, the institute has come up with four new package deals. It includes three deals in the department of Gynaecology and one in Cardio surgery.
Till now, at Gynaecology and Obstetrics department, there was one package deal for In Vitro Fertilisation (IVF) procedure costing Rs 15,000. However, lately, three new packages have been introduced. These are In Vitro Fertilisation – Embryo Transfer (IVF-ET) at Rs 20,000; IVF Intra-Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)- Embryo Transfer (IVF ISCI-ET) at Rs 35,000 and IVF cryo freezing and thawing of oocytes or embryos at Rs 15,000.
One will also have to pay an additional Rs 3,000 as hospital charge. As per records, every year, around 180 patients undergo IVF treatment at PGI’s Gynaecology department.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
The Cardiac Surgery department has introduced Coronary Artery Bypass surgery (CABG) for Rs 54,000. As additional procedural charges, a general ward patient will have to pay Rs 7,000 and for private room one has to pay Rs 14,000 more. The package is exclusive of lab and ICU charges.
The cardiac package will come as a relief for patients as bypass surgeries at private hospitals costs more than Rs 2 lakhs. Further, it saves the patients’ family the running around for fetching consumables in the surgery.
Meanwhile, the Orthopaedics department has floated a tender, following which patient friendly package deals will be planned.
Earlier, while talking to Newsline, Dr YK Chawla, Director, PGI said, “Package deals have been a success in cardio thoracic surgery. We are likely to start one in Orthopaedics and depending on the stakeholders, it is likely that we might come up with other deals soon.” In 2005, the package deal system was first started at PGI. At the Advanced Eye Centre, lasik surgeries are done only under packages. About 50-55 lasik operations have been done under packages. In Cardiology department, around 25 people opt for deals on a daily basis. Coronary angiography and cardiac catheterisation costs about Rs 4,000. Similarly, coronary angioplasty procedure, RF Ablation and ballooning procedure are also under packages.