After the success of package deals for surgeries in several PGI departments, the institute has come up with four new package deals. It includes three deals in the department of Gynaecology and one in Cardio surgery.
Till now, at Gynaecology and Obstetrics department, there was one package deal for In Vitro Fertilisation (IVF) procedure costing Rs 15,000. However, lately, three new packages have been introduced. These are In Vitro Fertilisation – Embryo Transfer (IVF-ET) at Rs 20,000; IVF Intra-Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)- Embryo Transfer (IVF ISCI-ET) at Rs 35,000 and IVF cryo freezing and thawing of oocytes or embryos at Rs 15,000.
One will also have to pay an additional Rs 3,000 as hospital charge. As per records, every year, around 180 patients undergo IVF treatment at PGI’s Gynaecology department.
The Cardiac Surgery department has introduced Coronary Artery Bypass surgery (CABG) for Rs 54,000. As additional procedural charges, a general ward patient will have to pay Rs 7,000 and for private room one has to pay Rs 14,000 more. The package is exclusive of lab and ICU charges.
The cardiac package will come as a relief for patients as bypass surgeries at private hospitals costs more than Rs 2 lakhs. Further, it saves the patients’ family the running around for fetching consumables in the surgery.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Meanwhile, the Orthopaedics department has floated a tender, following which patient friendly package deals will be planned.
Earlier, while talking to Newsline, Dr YK Chawla, Director, PGI said, “Package deals have been a success in cardio thoracic surgery. We are likely to start one in Orthopaedics and depending on the stakeholders, it is likely that we might come up with other deals soon.” In 2005, the package deal system was first started at PGI. At the Advanced Eye Centre, lasik surgeries are done only under packages. About 50-55 lasik operations have been done under packages. In Cardiology department, around 25 people opt for deals on a daily basis. Coronary angiography and cardiac catheterisation costs about Rs 4,000. Similarly, coronary angioplasty procedure, RF Ablation and ballooning procedure are also under packages.