The first meeting of the Congress councillors called by newly elected Mayor H C Kalyan turned out to be a dampener with only six of the 12 councillors present.
Among those present were councillors Pardeep Chhabra, Mukesh Bassi, Satish Kainth, Darshan Garg and Sat Prakash Aggarwal.
While some came in late, others did not attend the meeting.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
During the meeting, the Mayor asked the councillors for their co-operation and to work together to ensure that projects in their respective wards were completed.
A councillor who attended the meeting said issues like deciding the candidate for the Finance and Contract Committee (F&CC) election or the constitution of various committees were not discussed.
He added that these issues were of importance and should have been taken up in the meeting.
The mayoral election this year witnessed infighting among the Congress and eventually led to the defeat of the party’s candidates for the post of senior deputy mayor and deputy mayor.