The first meeting of the Congress councillors called by newly elected Mayor H C Kalyan turned out to be a dampener with only six of the 12 councillors present.
Among those present were councillors Pardeep Chhabra, Mukesh Bassi, Satish Kainth, Darshan Garg and Sat Prakash Aggarwal.
While some came in late, others did not attend the meeting.
During the meeting, the Mayor asked the councillors for their co-operation and to work together to ensure that projects in their respective wards were completed.
A councillor who attended the meeting said issues like deciding the candidate for the Finance and Contract Committee (F&CC) election or the constitution of various committees were not discussed.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
He added that these issues were of importance and should have been taken up in the meeting.
The mayoral election this year witnessed infighting among the Congress and eventually led to the defeat of the party’s candidates for the post of senior deputy mayor and deputy mayor.