The Regional Passport Office in the city has decided to hold a one day adalat on November 4 for the public. Officials from the passport office said that the aim is to to clear the almost 3,000 passport applications that were pending due to objections and non submission of required documents.
According to the passport office, the one day adalat will be organised at its premises in Sector 34 A.
- ‘Pending and pre-litigations main focus of Lok Adalat now’
- Ludhiana: MLA Simarjit Singh Bains, supporters booked for trespassing into passport office
- Pune: Demand for tatkal passport down as wait gets shorter
- Passport adalat to be held in Sec 43 tomorrow
- Passport office holds special Lok Adalat
- Adalat at RPO on Saturday
“We issued 3.82 lakh passport out of 3.85 lakhs applications last year. Around 3000 applications are still pending due to various reasons. We are holding a passport adalat so that we can facilitate passports to the applicants if they fulfill all the requirements on that day,” Rakesh Agrawal Regional Passport Officer told Chandigarh Newsline.
When asked what are the reasons for the pending application, he said,”The general objections in the files are pending criminal cases, some problems in birth certificate and other issues.”
Officials said that applicants who have submitted their Passport Applications till 2014 where passports have not been issued the passport, are required to attend the one-day Passport adalat.
“All the districts under RPO Chandigarh will be covered in the adalat,” officials said.