Members of National Students Union of India (NSUI) began a three-day anti-corruption protest with a signature campaign at the Student Centre in Panjab University (PU) on Wednesday.
The campaign, part of the nation-wide call by NSUI’s state units, demands passage of the pending anti-corruption bills in the Parliament. The bills include Prevention of Corruption Bill, Whistleblowers Protection Bill, Right of Citizens Grievances Redressal Bill, Public Procurement Bill, Judicial Standards and Accountability Bill and the Prevention of Money Laundering Bill.
NSUI members Manoj Lubana and Bhupinder Bath are expected to sit on a hunger strike in Sector 17 on Thursday, which will be followed by a petition being sent to various Members of the Parliament (MPs) on Friday seeking their support for the cause.
Advocate Munish Bansal, son of MP Pawan Kumar Bansal was also part of the protest.
“The main objective behind the campaign is to spread awareness among students about these bills pending in Parliament. These bills are the need of the hour,” said Chandan Rana, NSUI member and President of Panjab University Campus Student Council (PUCSC).
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews