After the proposed 14.2 per cent hike in rail fares, which will be effective from June 25, a chair car ticket in the morning Shatabdi Express from Chandigarh to Delhi will cost Rs 616, against Rs 540 now, while the fare of the executive class will go up from Rs 1,070 to Rs 1,221.94.
In the evening Shatabdi, the ticket of the Chandigarh-Delhi journey by chair car would cost Rs 713.74 against Rs 625 at present.
The hike consists of a 10 per cent increase in fares of all classes, and a 4.2 per cent increase in the Fuel Adjustment Component (FAC). Besides the fares, the government has also increased freight charges by 6.5 per cent.
“We have never come across such a big hike in rail fares since the time when Lalu Prasad Yadav was the Railway Minister. This is an indication from the new government what all is coming next,” said Balbir Singh, one of the passengers at the Chandigarh Railway Station.
A student from Delhi who studies at DAV College, Sector 10, said, “There are so many students who have come here from far-off places to study and they have to visit home. For me, Delhi is only a three-hour journey, which is why I prefer going back home almost every weekend but now I will have to curtail my visits.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More