Nominations for the first phase of elections in Punjab will begin tomorrow. Elections in Ferozepur,Bathinda,Sangrur and Patiala parliamentary constituencies are scheduled to take place in the first phase on May 7. The remaining constituencies will go to polls in the second phase. The process of filing nomination will end on April 18,while April 22 will be the last date of withdrawal.
The election office said polling would take place from 7 am to 5 pm. Counting will take place on May 16. The office said nominations can be filed on April 14 also,which is a holiday under the Negotiable Instruments Act.
Meanwhile,the Akali Dal today complained to the EC against Bholath MLA Sukhpal Khaira for using a red light atop his car.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
In another complaint,the Punjab Congress today alleged misuse of official machinery by the Akali-BJP alliance. A delegation of the Congress met CEO Kusumjit Sidhu and alleged that the state government,at the behest of the ruling alliance,had commissioned a survey which was being conducted by officials to profile the voters of Punjab. The employees have been issued performa,which has columns of caste,religion,social background and the political leanings.
The complaint alleged that the government has deputed officers throughout the state for an on-the-spot assessment of voters’ profile. The complaint alleged that list of voters who could be “lured” was also being sought.
* Nominations begin: April 11
* Last date for making nominations: April 18
* Date of scrutiny of nominations: April 20
* Last date for withdrawal of candidature: April 22
* Date of polling: May 7
* Date of counting: May 16