The approval of the draft Master Plan 2031, which has been in the pipeline for the last five years, is likely to be delayed, with the BJP leaders saying that more deliberations on several issues are required. The party wants to ensure that the promises made in the manifesto are included in the Master Plan.
A discussion on the issue was held at the meeting of the core committee of the city unit of BJP on Sunday, a day prior to the meeting of the Administrator’s Advisory Council. During the last meeting of the AAC, the BJP leaders had staged a walkout as it was scheduled despite local MP Kirron Kher expressing her inability to attend and requesting that the meeting be held at a later date.
The meeting of the core committee was held to deliberate on the issues that would be taken up by the party in the meeting of the AAC. Apart from Kher, party city unit president Sanjay Tandon and senior leader Satya Pal Jain are members of the AAC.
One of the members of the core committee feels that there is a need for more discussion on the Master Plan. “The views of the elected bodies including the Municipal Corporation, Zila Parishad as well as Panchayat Samitis were not taken while drafting the Master Plan.
It is felt that there is a need for seeking more views. Only then should the Master Plan be approved,” said a member of the core committee.
Jain insists that it is a question of future of the city. Therefore, there should not be a hurry to approve the Master Plan. “There is a need for seeking opinion of experts in different fields. All aspects should be looked into in detail and then the Master Plan should be passed,” he said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Meanwhile, Kher apart from giving her views on the Master Plan would also touch upon issues pertaining to the city, including the demand for increasing lal dora and issuance of Scheduled Caste certificates in the city.
Tandon says people have a lot of demands and the party had made promises in the manifesto. Keeping in mind the people’s demands and the party manifesto, the MP would give her statement, said Tandon.
The committee on preparing the draft of the Master Plan to outline vision for development of the city was constituted in 2009. Since then it has been marred by delays, with the committee managing to complete it after several years. Objections were invited from the public a few months back and a board of inquiry set up to give hearing to those who had given their suggestions or objections. The draft along with the report of board of inquiry was tabled before the committee at the last meeting. However, the BJP leaders walked out.