Confusion prevailed at Fun Cinemas in Fun Republic Mall in Manimajra Sunday after Dera Sacha Sauda followers accused the theatre management of overcharging the customers who had come to watch MSG-2.
According to Chamkur Insan, a dera member, the management was selling tickets for Rs 190 when the actual cost was Rs 140.
“People were purchasing tickets in bulk for the show scheduled at 1 pm. The sales executives said they were charging extra following directions of the authorities,” he said.
- 2017 Panchkula violence: Aditya Insan declared proclaimed offender
- Haryana Police find Aditya Insan’s vehicle at Dera
- No grand event this year to mark birth anniversary of Ram Rahim’s predecessor
- Dera HQ search ops: Luxury car, old notes seized as mystery over suspected cave continues
- In Punjab cinemas, Bond makes way — for MSG-2
- All that glitters is ‘god’ in Sirsa
Insan alleged that the management later stopped overcharging after the dera followers threatened to block the road traffic near the mall.
The followers of Dera Sacha Sauda also alleged that the management was overcharging as the response to the movie was unprecedented .
“Many people are coming to watch the movie. But the management wants to earn more money by misleading people,” said Rajender Singh, another member of the dera.
The management, however, denied the allegations of overcharging and said it was a confusion.
“We were charging Rs 190 only for gold class tickets. Food coupons worth Rs 50 were also being given out, which was the deal of the day,” said an official from the management, who wished not to be named.
According to the official, the matter was resolved after they explained everything to the dera followers.