By: Nihar Nanda
The city has received only about half of the normal rainfall so far in the current rainy season, according to the Meteorological Department.
Normally, Chandigarh is expected to get approximately 373.8mm by this time. But the actual rainfall received is 191.9 mm which is only a little more than half of the normal.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
On Monday, the city received only 7.2mm rain, which is termed light rain.
According to researchers at the Meteorological Department, Chandigarh is not the only area to receive deficient rainfall this season. Several other areas, like Bhiwani, Hisar and Karnal, too, have not received adequate rain.
On the other hand, certain other areas like Shimla and Solan have received more rainfall than expected.
In Shimla, the expected rainfall by this time is 303.8mm, but it has actually received 687.6mm.
The weather office has forecast that the sky will remain cloudy in the Tricity over the next few days, with a possibility of thunder showers between July 29 and August 1. There is a good chance of rainfall not only in Chandigarh but also in parts of Panjab and Haryana .
The temperature in the Tricity is not expected to rise above 33°C or fall below 26°C.