By: Nihar Nanda
The city has received only about half of the normal rainfall so far in the current rainy season, according to the Meteorological Department.
Normally, Chandigarh is expected to get approximately 373.8mm by this time. But the actual rainfall received is 191.9 mm which is only a little more than half of the normal.
On Monday, the city received only 7.2mm rain, which is termed light rain.
According to researchers at the Meteorological Department, Chandigarh is not the only area to receive deficient rainfall this season. Several other areas, like Bhiwani, Hisar and Karnal, too, have not received adequate rain.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
On the other hand, certain other areas like Shimla and Solan have received more rainfall than expected.
In Shimla, the expected rainfall by this time is 303.8mm, but it has actually received 687.6mm.
The weather office has forecast that the sky will remain cloudy in the Tricity over the next few days, with a possibility of thunder showers between July 29 and August 1. There is a good chance of rainfall not only in Chandigarh but also in parts of Panjab and Haryana .
The temperature in the Tricity is not expected to rise above 33°C or fall below 26°C.