THE ‘BULAND Tiranga Yatra’, a bike rally organised by the Youth Akali Dal (YAD), led to chaos in the city Wednesday as several roads were closed for regular traffic. The rally was flagged off from Phase VIII Dusshera ground and concluded at the war memorial in Patiala. It was led by Punjab Revenue and Public Relations Minister Bikram Majithia. Majithia said the rally was dedicated to the Indian Army.
The rally was scheduled to start at 9:30 am but began only around 11:15 am. It was flagged off by Majithia and he himself drove a Royal Enfield motorcycle to lead the rally.
Watch What Else Is Making News
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Meanwhile, speaking to the media persons, Majithia targeted Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, alleging that Kejriwal had questioned the authenticity of the surgical strikes by the Indian Army. He also alleged that former Punjab chief minister Captain Amarinder Singh was indulging in “border politics” at a time when villages along the border have been evacuated as a precautionary measure.
Earlier, commuters were inconvenienced as main roads leading towards Phase VIII Dusshera ground were closed by the traffic police. Many were unaware about the diversions and YAD workers also flouted the traffic norms throughout the city. The main road of Phase VIII, Phase VII and Kumbra chowk were closed before the rally. Apart from it the people faced problem on Phase 3B2 and Phase 5 Light Point.
The rally passed through different parts of the city and left from Patiala where it ended at the War Memorial.
Majithia said YAD would also hold ‘Buland Tiranga Yatra’ in other parts of the state.