Now, showroom owners in Mohali will have to provide details of caretakers living in their showrooms to the local police. The directions came from the police Tuesday after some complaints were received that some illegal activities were being carried out in certain showrooms at night. A special checking was also carried out in some showrooms in Phase 3B2 on late Monday night by the police.
Watch What Else Is Making News
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
Station House Officer (SHO) of Phase 1, Naveen Pal Singh Lehal said that they are asking the showroom owners about the identities of the people living inside the showrooms at nightso that the police can check whenever they want. Lehal also added that security had been beefed up in the city as a result of the complaints.
Meanwhile, the police officials of Mataur police station said that they received an information that some youths were carrying out illegal activities at a showroom in Phase 3B2 following which a raid was conducted and it was found that some youths were having alcohol with their female friends but the police did not find any objectionable material from the showroom.
“The caretakers used to lock the shuttters from inside and do illegal activities like taking drugs. We received some verbal complaints from the people following which we have decided to carry out surprise checks in the different parts of the city to keep a tab on such elements,” added the official who was a part of the police team that raided the showroom in Phase 3B2. During the raid, however, the police did not find anything objectionable in the showroom but the officials said they can not letsuch activities happen in the city.
All the youths including their female friends were let off by the police after their nmaes and addresses were noted down.