The Mohali Drug Inspector has moved a Mohali court against the Fortis Hospital for allegedly trying to administer an expired injection to a US citizen around two years ago. After the victim’s son had complained to the authorities back in April 2012, the Mohali civil surgeon found the hospital staff guilty of carelessness in July that year. Later, the complaint had been marked to the drug inspector.
Drug Inspector Amit Lakhanpal has now filed a complaint in the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) SM Garg after holding a detailed inquiry into the incident. The complaint was filed against “Fortis Hospital, Sector 62; Colonel HS Chehal, responsible person; Dinesh Chander, qualified person; Seema, pharmacist; and Monika Thakur, staff nurse” on July 22.
According to the complaint, Chandigarh resident Kanwarjit Singh had complained against the hospital on April 18, 2012, for “using and administering expired drugs”. He had also sent a photograph of the expired drug and alleged that the staff were about to administer an injection expired a year ago on his mother Balbir Kaur, a US citizen who was admitted in the hospital.
Later in July, an inquiry by the district health authorities found that the injection which was going to be administered on Kaur had expired one year prior to the date of issue. The inquiry report said that at the time of issuing any drug from the store, it is the shopkeeper’s duty to check the expiry date of the drug. After that, the duty staff are responsible to check it before giving it to the patient.
Drug Inspector Lakhanpal, in his complaint, said that the hospital has contravened various sections of the Drugs and Cosmetics Rules punishable under Section 27 (D) of Drugs and Cosmetics Act by stocking and dispensing the drug after its expiry date.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest