With less than a week for the Lok Sabha elections here, the Mohali Administration claims to have launched an all-out effort to woo voters. From hiring a chopper which will shower one lakh pamphlets over the city, to collaborating with a Chandigarh-based bikers’ club which will take out an awareness drive, to tying up with a radio station for one-hour slots everyday, to distributing ‘wedding-card like’ invitations to 75,000 urban voters, to providing gifts for first-time voters and first-ten voters, and to provide recreational facilities at 74 ‘super model polling stations’, the administration claims to have left no stone unturned to attract voters.
“After a good response in Jalandhar and two other districts, we have collaborated with the Patiala Aviation Club who will provide a chopper to distribute 25,000 pamphlets each in Mohali, Zirakpur, Derabassi and Kharar. I am sure the residents will be inspired to vote after watching a helicopter trying to drill in the message,” said ADC Parveen Kumar Thind, the nodal officer for Systematic Voters’ Education and Electoral Participation (SVEEP) programme.
Thind added that the urban voters, who normally show a low turnout, will be in for a pleasant surprise in the coming days when around 75,000 families will get specially printed invitation cards asking them to exercise their franchise. Besides, Chandigarh-based Road Survivors’ Club, a bikers’ club, will hold an awareness drive in Zirakpur on Sunday using Royal Enfield motorcycles. “After riding all over the town, around 50-60 Bullet owners will camp at Paras Downtown Square where they’ll distribute free T-shirts to the voters,” said club moderator Pritpal Singh ‘Jojo’.
He added that the administration has tied up Radio-station Big FM 92.7 since April 9 and its RJs are running one-hour slots after visiting colleges and residential areas. They will also interact with the voters on the polling day. “First-time voters will be given coupons worth Rs 100 to be used at the Katani Sweet Shop, first-ten voters at every booth will get mugs and other gifts and forest officials will also gift saplings to children at the 74 super model polling stations where there will be recreational facilities, too, for the people,” he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More