In a case of suspected murder, the body of a local youth who had gone missing recently was found dumped in a canal near Rupnagar on Monday. The police have not yet registered an FIR but are suspecting it to be a case of murder as some external injury marks were visible on the body.
Meanwhile, the family members of the victim have alleged police inaction in finding the victim after he went missing.
Deepak Sikri, 22, a graduate from Shahimajra in Mohali who had been working with an IT firm for the last three months, had gone missing a few days ago, and had last contacted his family on August 11. After that, the phone was switched off and he did not return home.
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
Following his disappearance, his father Rakesh Kumar along with others went to the firm in Shahimajra where his son was working. Sources said that the father learnt that Deepak had received a threat from somebody in the company which led the father to believe that his son was kidnapped. He approached the police, and a case of missing person was registered at the Phase 1 police station.
On Monday, Deepak’s body was found by a passer-by in a canal at Jhallian village in Rupnagar district. The Rupnagar police was informed, and Deepak’s family soon reached the spot. They alleged that Deepak was murdered and had several injury marks on his body. After an autopsy, the victim’s viscera was sent for further chemical examination.
Mohali SP Harpal Sandhu said, “The post-mortem report is awaited but we’re suspecting a murder. A case will be registered only after we get the autopsy report.”
The victim’s father alleged that although they had informed the police about foul play in his disappearance, the police failed to act on time. They also demanded strict action against the investigation officials.
However, SP Sandhu denied the allegations.