In a case of suspected murder, the body of a local youth who had gone missing recently was found dumped in a canal near Rupnagar on Monday. The police have not yet registered an FIR but are suspecting it to be a case of murder as some external injury marks were visible on the body.
Meanwhile, the family members of the victim have alleged police inaction in finding the victim after he went missing.
Deepak Sikri, 22, a graduate from Shahimajra in Mohali who had been working with an IT firm for the last three months, had gone missing a few days ago, and had last contacted his family on August 11. After that, the phone was switched off and he did not return home.
Following his disappearance, his father Rakesh Kumar along with others went to the firm in Shahimajra where his son was working. Sources said that the father learnt that Deepak had received a threat from somebody in the company which led the father to believe that his son was kidnapped. He approached the police, and a case of missing person was registered at the Phase 1 police station.
On Monday, Deepak’s body was found by a passer-by in a canal at Jhallian village in Rupnagar district. The Rupnagar police was informed, and Deepak’s family soon reached the spot. They alleged that Deepak was murdered and had several injury marks on his body. After an autopsy, the victim’s viscera was sent for further chemical examination.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Mohali SP Harpal Sandhu said, “The post-mortem report is awaited but we’re suspecting a murder. A case will be registered only after we get the autopsy report.”
The victim’s father alleged that although they had informed the police about foul play in his disappearance, the police failed to act on time. They also demanded strict action against the investigation officials.
However, SP Sandhu denied the allegations.