- Kamal Haasan party launch LIVE UPDATES: With AIADMK, DMK, no space for more, says Congress' Moily
- Uttar Pradesh Investors' Summit 2018 highlights: PM Modi announces defence industrial corridor in Bundelkhand
- New Zealand vs Australia Live Cricket Score, Live Streaming, T20 Tri-series final: Rain interrupts play as Glenn Maxwell, Aaron Finch steer Australia towards victory
The Court of Additional District and Sessions Judge Anshu Shukla on Tuesday disposed of the application moved by the prosecutrix in the rape case in which five dismissed UT constables are accused. The prosecutrix had moved an application on April 2 stating that her last statement given on March 21 was made under pressure and she wants to give a fresh statement. On Tuesday, despite being present in the court premises, she did not appear before the judge, following which the application was disposed of.
On March 21, the victim turned hostile, refusing to recognise four of the accused, and told the court that she had lodged the complaint under pressure from politicians and NGOs. However, on April 2, the prosecutrix said that she gave the statement under pressure and that her statement given to the magistrate under section 164 and in the FIR were true.
Defense counsel Rabindra Pandit said, “The prosecutrix had moved an application that she wanted to give fresh statements and levelled certain allegations against our client. We have, today, in the reply, refuted all the claims made by the prosecutrix. We further requested the court that this type of move should not be allowed and should be demotivated.” He further added, “Her application was not moved by the public prosecutor or her own counsel and this shows that nobody has faith in what she is saying. She was in court since morning but did not appear before the judge to pursue her application.
Counsel for the prosecutrix Berjeshwar S Jaswal said, “I feel that she has been pressured again and the case should be investigated independently.”
In a major embarrassment to the Chandigarh Police, a complaint was registered on December 19 last year against its five constables by a 17-year-old girl who alleged that she was raped by the them multiple times at gunpoint. The accused policemen were posted at Sector 11 police station and Police Control Room vans. On March 6 the court of Additional District and Sessions Judge Anshu Shukla framed charges against the five dismissed cops.