Out on a drive, five youths met with an accident at the Sector 7 and 8 dividing road late on Friday. One of the five friends, Aditya Singla, 18, a resident of Sector 21 was declared dead on arrival by doctors at PGI.
Aditya is the son of Vijay Singla, owner of Singla Medicos, Sector 17. His friends, Barinderjeet Singh a resident of Khanpur village, Mohali; Sawanpreet Singh, a resident of Sector 34, Manjeet Singh a resident of Sector 29 and Rishabh a resident of Phase X, Mohali were accompanying him.
The accident took place around 1 am on the intervening night of Friday and Saturday. They were in a Honda Accord car which belonged to Sawanpreet. Police said, the driver, Sawanpreet lost control of the car after the front left tyre of the car busted. The car skidded and stuck in a tree at the Sector 7 side of the dividing road of Sector 7 and 8.
As per information, Aditya was sitting in the middle on the back seat with Manjeet on one side and Barinderjeet on the other. Safety balloons of the car had opened. “The car would have been at a speed of 100 km/hours as the speedo-meter needle is stuck at 90 km/hours,” said the Investigating officer, S-I Virender Singh.
Barinderjeet suffered a head injury and his condition is now stated to be stable, however, he is under observation at PGI. Manjeet, Sawanpreet and Rishabh were taken to Fortis, Mohali, by Rishabh’s neighbour, AIG Prisons, Balbir Singh Dhol. All three were discharged from the hospital after they were administered with first aid.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“One of Aditya’s friends called and said that there was an accident and Aditya was in PGI. Me and my parents rushed only to know that he had passed away. My parents are in shock,” Aditya’s elder brother Rajat told Newsline.
Driver of the car, Sawanpreet was made to undergo a medical examination on Saturday. No case was registered till filing of this report.
Youths were studying for ILETS exam AIG Balbir Singh Dhol said, “The youths preparing for ILETS had picked up Manjeet from his residence as he already cleared the exam so the other boys wanted him to tutor them. Manjeet’s parents had allowed him for a night out for the first time. Aditya came along with them for a drive.”
The five had gone to IT Park for a midnight snack and were going towards Manjeet’s home to drop him, Dhol said, adding, “Rishabh and Aditya had sneaked out from their homes while their parents were asleep. Their parents came to know when they received the accident call.”
Aditya had just completed his school with 87 per cent in commerce from DAV School Sector 8 and had taken admission in a city college. Aditya was supposed to appear in the Common Proficiency Test (CPT) for joining The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India on Sunday. His friends were supposed to appear in the ILETS examination on Saturday.
Aditya’s post mortem was conducted on Saturday morning and body was handed to the family for last rites. Doctors said that he had suffered a sharp injury in the middle of his forehead due to which he died.