A student and three members of the Panjab University security staff were injured, none seriously, when members of the Students Organisation of India (SOI) and the Panjab University Student Union (PUSU) clashed near the old UIET building, exchanging brickbats and hurling chairs, on Tuesday.
The clash took place near the spot where students organisations have put up help desks for admission seekers after some members of SOI entered into a scuffle with Khushdeep Singh, senior vice-president of PUSU, who was having lunch at the canteen situated near the Administrative Block. Singh is a former member of SOI and had recently joined PUSU, which is believed to be the reason behind the scuffle. Soon, PU Chief Security Officer Jatinder Grover and other security personnel reached the spot. An identified student then threw a chair towards the SOI help-desk, which led to stone-pelting and hurling of chairs amidst exchange of abuses.
Grover and the two other security personnel were injured in the incident as they tried to intervene. One of the security personnel, Trilochan Singh, suffered a head injury, and was later taken to GMSH-16, where he received a few stitches.
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
Dean of Student Welfare (DSW) Navdeep Goyal said that they were in the process of identifying the accused. “We have the CCTV footage of the incident, and some students present at the spot have also sent us video recordings. We have submitted all this evidence to the police with a complaint,” he said. “Once those involved are identified, the university will take action against its students while the outsiders will be dealt with by the police,” he added.
Meanwhile, the varsity asked all student organisations to remove the help desks. A case of rioting, unlawful assembly, injuring a public servant on duty, obstructing a public servant from duty, and criminal intimidation has been registered with the Sector 11 police station against four members of SOI and three members of PUSU.