Outsourcing of the work of sterilisation of stray dogs and a 24-hour helpline are among the measures which impressed the team of the Chandigarh Municipal Corporation which recently visited Nashik to study how that city has dealt with the stray dog menace.
The team of councillors and officials, along with Mayor H C Kalyan, will prepare a report and table it in the meeting of the general house of the corporation to be held later this month. Councillor Arun Sood, who was part of the team, said that the work of sterilisation of dogs in Nashik had been outsourced. “It is very organised. Around 30 dogs are sterilised daily. At one time, dogs from one area are taken for sterilisation so that one area is covered at a time. A part of the ear of each sterilised dog is cut off for identification,” said Sood.
He added that an NGO had been involved in sterilisation for the past seven years at Nashik and the infrastructure was being provided by the local municipal corporation. Around 10 rooms, which were constructed during the Kumbh Mela for providing first aid, were being used for sterilising dogs.
Councillor Pardeep Chhabra, another member of the team, said that the Nashik corporation had a dedicated 24-hour helpline where people could complain about the dog menace. The inspection team that oversaw the operations included SPCA and PFA members.
CCTV cameras were installed in the rooms where sterilisations took place in order to keep an eye on the process. Nashik also had an incinerator installed at the garbage processing plant for destroying the organs of dogs removed during sterilisation, Chhabra added.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
The team was sent to Nashik after the MC failed to find a solution to the stray dog menace after hours of discussion. Thirty to 40 dog-bite cases are reported every day at the Anti-Rabic Dispensary in Sector 19.