The V-4 road (roads dividing a sector into a half) in Sector 18 was closed unannounced by Municipal Corporation officials on Friday around 10 pm. The officials have started scarifying of the road by four inches in patches and the road will be closed for a week. The same will be done in Sector 15, 27 and 28 V-4 roads.
Mukesh Anand, MC chief engineer said, “We will be carrying out the scarifying work in the sector for another week. The road will be mended in patches.” He added, “Level of the road has to be decreased by 4 inches. The road was damaged and re-carpeting would have resulted in increase of its height further.”
Anand added that the road repairs will be done from 10 pm onwards. “In day it is too hot so the work will begin as the traffic rush decreases. Same will be done in Sector 15, 27 and 28.”
As there was no prior notice about the same, an auto-rickshaw and car had a head on collision at the dividing road of Sector 18-B and C. Police officers said the road from the Sector 18-19 lightpoint towards Sector 18 was closed around 9.30 pm for repair. The entire traffic which was entering Sector 18 was diverted from the left lane.
Around 10.30 pm, an auto which was coming from Sector 19, driven by Raj Kumar and a Honda City car which was coming from Sector 18, driven by a resident of Sector 18, Vikram Brar, had a head on collision.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Due to the impact, the auto-rickshaw was pushed on to the divider of the road and was left hanging on the median. Police officers said that both vehicles were at high speed. PCR was informed by a passerby and Raj Kumar who suffered minor injures was taken to the hospital.