BSP supremo Mayawati on Sunday touched a chord with the migrant population, highlighting that they were living in pitiable conditions in Chandigarh. She assured that the party would take care of their interests once voted to power.
Mayawati addressed a rally in Sector 25 seeking support for the party’s candidate Jannat Jahan. Two separate stages had been put up, one for the party supremo where only a handful of people were allowed and the other for leaders who had come from different states.
The BSP has a substantial votebank in the villages and colonies. During the last Lok Sabha elections, the BSP polled 33 per cent of the votes polled in colonies. This was a little behind Congress which received 36 per cent. For these elections, all the political parties are making attempts to woo the voters here.
For the rally today, party workers and supporters had been transported to the rally ground in trucks and buses. The blue and white tent that was erected for the rally was in the party hues.
The BSP flags fluttered in the venue. Cut-outs of Mayawati and Jannat Jahan were installed. As she entered the venue and waved at the gathering, the people responded heartily.
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
Addressing the gathering, Mayawati said that the conditions of the colonies where the migrants were staying were pitiable. “They are not being provided with the basic amenities. Step-motherly treatment is being meted out to them. The people have shifted here to earn a living. Apart from the members of the Dalit community, the living conditions of even the poor people of the upper castes needs to be improved. The Centre is not helping the poor and the local MP is ignoring the demands,” she said.
Mayawati stayed for around 30 minutes. No other local leader addressed the gathering in her presence. All the other leaders were invited to deliver their speeches before her arrival. Almost 10 minutes before her arrival, the party workers and leaders started raising slogans hailing her.
Mayawati warned the party workers not to get swayed by the promises made by other parties. She told them not to be lured by any incentive being offered. She said that the BSP does not release any manifesto ahead of the elections as it believes in doing, not saying. The supporters of the party were exhorted not to get influenced by false agenda of other parties.