Chandigarh Police arrested a man on Tuesday who was allegedly involved in snatching Rs 3,961 from an employee at the CITCO petrol pump in Sector 38 on Sunday. The accused,Amit Kumar,was arrested near a petrol pump in Sector 25 after an employee working there identified the accused.
The victim,Vinod Kumar,had earlier alleged that an unknown person on a motorcycle fled after snatching Rs 3,961 from him at CITCO petrol pump in Sector 38. Thereafter,a case was registered under Section 356 and 379 of the Indian Penal Code at the Sector 39 police station.
According to the police,the accused on Sunday dropped his wife to the residence of her in-laws in Maloya Colony. After leaving his wife,the accused went to a jungle behind the petrol pump in Sector 38 (West) and allegedly consumed drugs. Thereafter,the accused went to CITCO petrol pump where he refilled petrol worth Rs 30 in his motorcycle.
According to the police,the accused snatched all the money that was held in the hands of the victim,and fled from the station.
After the incident was reported,Chandigarh Police had distributed a copy of the description of the accused at all the nearby stations.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
On Tuesday,one of the workers at Sector 25 petrol pump identified the accused,who was present near the station,and called the police,who immediately nabbed the accused on the spot. Chandigarh Police told Newsline that Rs 2,800 was recovered from the accused,aged 28,and a resident of Sector 21,Panchkula. The police have received an extended custody of two days from the court for further interrogation.