Chandigarh Police arrested a man on Tuesday who was allegedly involved in snatching Rs 3,961 from an employee at the CITCO petrol pump in Sector 38 on Sunday. The accused,Amit Kumar,was arrested near a petrol pump in Sector 25 after an employee working there identified the accused.
The victim,Vinod Kumar,had earlier alleged that an unknown person on a motorcycle fled after snatching Rs 3,961 from him at CITCO petrol pump in Sector 38. Thereafter,a case was registered under Section 356 and 379 of the Indian Penal Code at the Sector 39 police station.
According to the police,the accused on Sunday dropped his wife to the residence of her in-laws in Maloya Colony. After leaving his wife,the accused went to a jungle behind the petrol pump in Sector 38 (West) and allegedly consumed drugs. Thereafter,the accused went to CITCO petrol pump where he refilled petrol worth Rs 30 in his motorcycle.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
According to the police,the accused snatched all the money that was held in the hands of the victim,and fled from the station.
After the incident was reported,Chandigarh Police had distributed a copy of the description of the accused at all the nearby stations.
On Tuesday,one of the workers at Sector 25 petrol pump identified the accused,who was present near the station,and called the police,who immediately nabbed the accused on the spot. Chandigarh Police told Newsline that Rs 2,800 was recovered from the accused,aged 28,and a resident of Sector 21,Panchkula. The police have received an extended custody of two days from the court for further interrogation.