The Mohali Police has arrested a man for allegedly raping his 6-year-old niece late on Tuesday in Kharar. The accused has been identified as Jitender, who is from Bihar and was working as a labourer in Kharar. Jitender, 21, was married and was staying with his family in Kharar and was a neighbour of the victim and a cousin of the victim’s father, police said.
Police said, the incident took place around 9.30 pm on Tuesday near Aman City where the accused and the victim’s family stayed and were working as labourers at a construction site.
Jitender, who was allegedly under the influence of alcohol, took away the victim from outside the house on the pretext of taking her for a walk and allegedly raped her in a toilet located at a distance from the house. Police said that the victim’s father soon heard his daughter’s cries and then saw the accused allegedly raping his daughter, after which Jitender fled the spot.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Meanwhile, the family of the victim rushed her to Civil Hospital in Kharar after informing police and a medical examination of the girl confirmed rape. Police soon sent teams to search for the accused and he was arrested from near the place of the occurrence of the crime.
Jitender was booked for alleged rape of a minor under Section 376 of the Indian Penal Code and Section 4 of the Prevention of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act with the City Kharar police.
Police said that the victim was in a state of shock and her statement was yet to be recorded. Jitender will be produced before a local magistrate court on Thursday.