The Mohali Police has arrested a man for allegedly raping his 6-year-old niece late on Tuesday in Kharar. The accused has been identified as Jitender, who is from Bihar and was working as a labourer in Kharar. Jitender, 21, was married and was staying with his family in Kharar and was a neighbour of the victim and a cousin of the victim’s father, police said.
Police said, the incident took place around 9.30 pm on Tuesday near Aman City where the accused and the victim’s family stayed and were working as labourers at a construction site.
Jitender, who was allegedly under the influence of alcohol, took away the victim from outside the house on the pretext of taking her for a walk and allegedly raped her in a toilet located at a distance from the house. Police said that the victim’s father soon heard his daughter’s cries and then saw the accused allegedly raping his daughter, after which Jitender fled the spot.
Meanwhile, the family of the victim rushed her to Civil Hospital in Kharar after informing police and a medical examination of the girl confirmed rape. Police soon sent teams to search for the accused and he was arrested from near the place of the occurrence of the crime.
Jitender was booked for alleged rape of a minor under Section 376 of the Indian Penal Code and Section 4 of the Prevention of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act with the City Kharar police.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Police said that the victim was in a state of shock and her statement was yet to be recorded. Jitender will be produced before a local magistrate court on Thursday.