By Kartik Kumar
To his neighbours at Maloya, Anand Kumar, the constable who shot dead his wife Dimple on Friday, is an amiable man who has never shown any sign of hostility. They find it baffling that he killed his wife.
“I have known Anand and his family for close to a decade. He is humble, soft-spoken, shows respect to neighbours. It is baffling that he committed such an act,” said Rita Yadav, who lives opposite the house where Anand lived with his parents.
Anand and Dimple stayed in Sector 24 in a government house. However, Anand visited his parents at Maloya regularly. His father is a retired employee of the Panjab University and the mother is a housewife. Soon after Anand shot his wife, the couple, along with Anand’s son Kavya, left and the house has been locked since.
Anand, who shot himself after killing his wife, is undergoing treatment at Government Multi-Specialty Hospital in Sector 16 and is out of danger.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
S K Handa, who lives in an adjacent house, said, “The reports that he has bad morals are unbelievable. He has no bad habits, did not indulge in alcoholism, smoking or womanising. Even the allegation that he demanded dowry from his wife is unbelievable. Together, the couple earned more than Rs 70,000 a month and there was no financial problem.’’
The neighbours stated that they had very little interaction with Dimple who rarely visited Maloya. Though they were aware of their troubled marriage, they had no idea that Anand used to beat his wife. All they knew was that there was some problem because of Dimple’s reluctance to cook and for her close affinity with her parents.
However, they knew that the couple’s relations had deteriorated recently. “For the past few months, Anand had regularly been visiting his parents for his meals and had left his son here. He used to go to his house in Sector 24 only for sleeping,’’ said a neighbour.