Two people have been arrested for allegedly throwing a 23-year-old woman out of a moving vehicle in Ludhiana late on Sunday. The police said the woman’s medical examination indicated attempt to rape, adding she is unfit to record her statement now.
According to the police, the two accused, who are employees of a restaurant-cum-bar, kidnapped the woman in their pick-up auto from Aarti Chowk and later dumped her near Saggu Chowk after allegedly attempting to rape her.
An FIR under sections 376 (rape) and 511 (punishment for attempting to commit offences punishable with imprisonment for life or other imprisonment) of IPC has been registered in this regard. The case was registered following the statement of
The division number 5 police arrested the accused Monday after getting leads from CCTV footage.
The accused have been identified as Manoj, 40 and Naresh, 25. Both are residents of Prem Nagar.
DCP Investigation Bhupinder Singh Sidhu said the woman was standing at Aarti Chowk when the accused who were passing by in a pick-up auto offered lift to her.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The accused then forcibly took her to their house in Prem Nagar where they couldn’t open the door as they had apparently lost the key, police added.
They reportedly tried to break open the lock but failed. As people began gathering and began questioning them about the woman, they hurriedly left the spot, said police.
The accused allegedly tried to rape the woman in the moving auto and later threw her out.
The DCP said the victim is not a native of Punjab and that they are trying to trace her family.
She was taken to to Dayanand Medical College and Hospital (DMCH) in Ludhiana where her condition is stated to be stable.