Around 20 men barged into a showroom in Ghumar Mandi market in Ludhiana at around 11 AM and thrashed the owner and his wife, on Saturday. The entire incident was captured in CCTV cameras.
The men also allegedly assaulted employees of the showroom with sticks and vandalised the furniture.
Sandeep Arora, who owns New Moonz Showroom, and his wife Deepti were beaten for around 25 minutes.
- Professional investigation, insulation from politics way forward: RK Singh on police reforms
- Parents on bus duty: Direct school to withdraw order, parents request edu secy
- ASJ defeats ABVP, NSUI in UoH student elections
- Chandigarh Police widens probe in 10-yr-old rape victim case
- SC on Nirbhaya Fund: Put system in place
- Heritage furniture sold off for Rs 1.74 crore in London
Deepti claims that they had bought the showroom from a person whose brother did not agree to the deal. She claims that they (the couple) were innocent victims of a family dispute.
The police from division number 8 led by ACP Rupinder Kaur reached the spot and initiated investigation in the case.
Meanwhile, the medical examination of victims was conducted at civil hospital.
The ACP said that accused have been identified using CCTV footage and will be arrested soon.