Around 20 men barged into a showroom in Ghumar Mandi market in Ludhiana at around 11 AM and thrashed the owner and his wife, on Saturday. The entire incident was captured in CCTV cameras.
The men also allegedly assaulted employees of the showroom with sticks and vandalised the furniture.
Sandeep Arora, who owns New Moonz Showroom, and his wife Deepti were beaten for around 25 minutes.
- Delhi: Man stabbed more than 50 times by bike-borne assailants in Khanpur
- Thieves break into historic Saketri Shiv Mandir in Panchkula, steal jewellery worth Rs 30L
- VIDEO: Family of three struck from behind by speeding mini truck in Gujarat
- Delhi Police: Report on assault of tax, excise officers filed
- Delhi: SHO sent to District Lines after CCTV video captures ‘assault’
- Thieves make off with cell phones worth Rs 15 Lakh
Deepti claims that they had bought the showroom from a person whose brother did not agree to the deal. She claims that they (the couple) were innocent victims of a family dispute.
The police from division number 8 led by ACP Rupinder Kaur reached the spot and initiated investigation in the case.
Meanwhile, the medical examination of victims was conducted at civil hospital.
The ACP said that accused have been identified using CCTV footage and will be arrested soon.