ARMY CHIEF General Dalbir Singh visited the Northern Command headquarters in Udhampur on Tuesday and exhorted the soldiers to remain alert against any inimical designs of the enemy and be aggressive in their approach, Udhampur-based Defence Ministry spokesperson Colonel N N Joshi said.
Watch What Else is Making News
According to Colonel Joshi, the Army chief interacted with formation commanders and reviewed the situation along the Line of Control (LoC) as well as internal security situation in the command theatre.
The visit comes a day after Pakistan said that Indian Army killed seven of its soldiers in shelling.
General Singh commended the soldiers for boldly responding to ceasefire violations along the LoC and lauded the synergy and cooperation between the Northern Command, Air Force, paramilitary forces, civil administration and central police personnel operating in the region.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016