FOUR PERSONS, including two members of a family and two tenants, were injured after a fire broke out in a house due to gas cylinder leakage in Sector 19, Abheypur, Wednesday.
The incident took place at house no.171 in Sector 19, Abheypur where Bhure Lal, a HUDA worker, stays with his wife, Shanti and two children. Two tenants, Shiv Ram and Sandeep also live in the house. Shanti’s brother, Anand, who lives nearby was also present at the time of the incident.
Shanti, Shiv Ram and Anand suffered serious burn injuries (over 50 per cent) and were rushed to General Hospital, Sector 6, from where they were rushed to PGI. They are currently under treatment in PGI. While, Sandeep was admitted in GH-6 with burn injuries on his leg. One of the children, aged 12, also suffered minor burn injuries on her arm.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The incident took place around 4 am, when Bhure Lal’s wife, Shanti woke up and went to the kitchen to make tea. As soon as she lit a match-stick and switched on the gas cylinder, a fire broke out. Shanti rushed inside to inform others and everyone ran out of the house.
Watch What Else Is making News
Shanti also informed her brother, Anand, who reached the spot. They tried to douse the fire using damp clothes, but could not after which, Anand and Shiv Ram entered the house and tried to throw the cylinder out, when the fire escalated and injured both of them. Shanti and Sandeep, who were standing nearby, also suffered injuries.
The victims alleged that the no one picked up the call, when they tried to call the Fire Station after 4 am. It was only at 4:35 am, when the PCR informed the Fire Station, that a fire tender was sent to the spot. The fire was controlled by 5 am.
“It is a congested area and three families lived in the house. The fire was minor initially, but aggravated when they tried to douse it. Three of them were referred to PGI and their condition is stable,” said ASI Prakash, in-charge, Police Post, Sector 19.