Black clouds hovering over the sky,must have sent shivers down the hearts of Tricity cricket fans. Afterall,the Punjab based franchise KXIP had to take on Hyderbdad Sunrisers in their last IPL match in Mohali,and the showers could have spoilt the weekend T-20 match. The sudden disappearance of the clouds in the evening meant that almost a packed house at PCA Stadium. However, the spectators were disappointed as the home team lost the match to visitors by 30 runs. Eventhough KXIP were led by a superb spell from Patiala speedster,Sandeep Sharma (3 for 21),that restricted Hyderabad team to 150 runs in the allotted 20 overs. But the KXIP batsmen let the chase down,as they were could just make 120 runs,losing nine wickets. With this loss,KXIP’s chances of making it to the play-offs also ended. Now KXIP will take on Mumbai Indians and Delhi Daredevils in Dharamshala in their next home matches.
Speaking with Sportline,Manu Dogra,an engineer who had come to see the match,said,Initially we were bit scared that the match could be washed out. But to our delight,the clouds disappeared late in the evening and the match started on time. It was good to see Punjab bowler Sandeep Sharma claiming three wickets in the match. We cheered for him. It would have been great if he would have claimed a hat-trick. But his efforts failed. Fans started to leave the stadium in the 16th over when the chase got too tough. Although Rajagopal’s 18-ball knock of 25 runs and Luke Pomersback’s knock of 33 runs provided some hope,but the KXIP team faltered in the end.
Hyderabads star batsman,Shikhar Dhawan,who had scored a superb century against Australia in a Test match at the same venue in March early this year missed out on a big score. He departed after playing a knock of 15 runs. We saw Dhawans innings against Australia earlier in March this year and the way he batted during that match was tremendous. We had come to see him play a quick fire innings today also but unfortunately he departed early. Rest of the Hyderabad batsmen have not done well in the tournament and we were eager to see David Miller in action too, shared Anil Rana,a bank employee who had come to see the match with his family.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen