Two months after a 17-year-old girl, a resident of Khuda Lahora, was allegedly raped by five cops, the police filed chargesheet against the accused in the court of Additional District and Sessions Judge Najar Singh on Friday.
All the five accused had been dismissed from service following the complaint.
The police have chargesheeted two of the accused — Sunil and Akshay — for rape and under various other sections of the Indian Penal Code. The other three accused — Himmat, Jagtar and Anil — have been chargesheeted for wrongful confinement and sexual harassment along with other offences.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
In a major embarrassment to the Chandigarh Police, a complaint was registered on December 19, 2013 against its five constables by a 17-year-old girl who alleged that she was raped by the accused multiple times at gunpoint.
In her complaint, the victim stated that about three months ago, Akshay, one of the accused, visited her residence after a call was made to the police regarding domestic violence at the house. Later, Akshay along with his four friends started stalking the victim in a PCR van. A month later, the accused forcibly took her to a rented room at Khuda Lahora a couple of times, where they allegedly raped her at gunpoint.
On December 18, the girl confided the incident to one of her sisters when she could no more bear the trauma and torture, and was about to commit suicide. The girl’s sister then told her cousin Vinod about the incident. Fearing the police, Vinod first approached area councillor Saurabh Joshi on December 19. Joshi then informed the police about the incident, after which an FIR was registered against one of the accused.
Sunil and Akshay have been chargesheeted under Section 341 (punishment for wrongful confinement), Section 376 (punishment for rape), Section 506 (punishment for criminal intimidation) and 120B (punishment for criminal conspiracy) of the Indian Penal Code along with Section 6 (punishment for aggravated penetrative sexual assault) of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act.
Himmat, Jagtar and Anil have been chargesheeted under Section 341 (punishment for wrongful confinement), Section 120B (punishment for criminal conspiracy) and Section 354 (assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty) of the IPC along with Section 12 (punishment for sexual harassment) of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act.
According to sources, during investigation the police found the involvement of Akshay and Sunil in the rape while the other three accused were only found involved in the harassment and wrongful confinement of the girl.
The police have not submitted the CFSL report along with the chargesheet. The next hearing in the case is on February 28.