Two months after a 17-year-old girl, a resident of Khuda Lahora, was allegedly raped by five cops, the police filed chargesheet against the accused in the court of Additional District and Sessions Judge Najar Singh on Friday.
All the five accused had been dismissed from service following the complaint.
The police have chargesheeted two of the accused — Sunil and Akshay — for rape and under various other sections of the Indian Penal Code. The other three accused — Himmat, Jagtar and Anil — have been chargesheeted for wrongful confinement and sexual harassment along with other offences.
In a major embarrassment to the Chandigarh Police, a complaint was registered on December 19, 2013 against its five constables by a 17-year-old girl who alleged that she was raped by the accused multiple times at gunpoint.
In her complaint, the victim stated that about three months ago, Akshay, one of the accused, visited her residence after a call was made to the police regarding domestic violence at the house. Later, Akshay along with his four friends started stalking the victim in a PCR van. A month later, the accused forcibly took her to a rented room at Khuda Lahora a couple of times, where they allegedly raped her at gunpoint.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
On December 18, the girl confided the incident to one of her sisters when she could no more bear the trauma and torture, and was about to commit suicide. The girl’s sister then told her cousin Vinod about the incident. Fearing the police, Vinod first approached area councillor Saurabh Joshi on December 19. Joshi then informed the police about the incident, after which an FIR was registered against one of the accused.
Sunil and Akshay have been chargesheeted under Section 341 (punishment for wrongful confinement), Section 376 (punishment for rape), Section 506 (punishment for criminal intimidation) and 120B (punishment for criminal conspiracy) of the Indian Penal Code along with Section 6 (punishment for aggravated penetrative sexual assault) of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act.
Himmat, Jagtar and Anil have been chargesheeted under Section 341 (punishment for wrongful confinement), Section 120B (punishment for criminal conspiracy) and Section 354 (assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty) of the IPC along with Section 12 (punishment for sexual harassment) of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act.
According to sources, during investigation the police found the involvement of Akshay and Sunil in the rape while the other three accused were only found involved in the harassment and wrongful confinement of the girl.
The police have not submitted the CFSL report along with the chargesheet. The next hearing in the case is on February 28.