After the election results were declared, traffic snarls were witnessed near the counting centre in Sector 26 and near Kamlam, BJP’s Sector 33 office. Roads leading to Kamlam were blocked by traffic police in order to ensure the safety of the newly elected MP Kirron Kher.
Nearly 300 police personnel were deployed at Kamlam. As many as 100 personnel moved along with the victory procession. The procession moved from counting centre to grain market roundabout, Saint Kabir School, Transport Light Point, internal roads of Sector 28, 27, 19, 18; dividing road of Sector 17 and 18, Aroma light point, Sector 34-35 light point, Sector 34-33 intersection and ended at the party office.
Dividing road of Sector 33-A and 33-D and the dividing road of Sector 34 and 33 from Ambala road towards Mohali were blocked by the Chandigarh Police till the time Kirron Kher was inside the office.
The victory procession started from Sector 26 almost an hour after Kher came out of the counting centre. First she went and sat in her SUV while the BJP workers had arranged a decorated an open vehicle for her victory procession.
After the party workers convinced her to carry out her procession in the vehicle, Kher then demanded that she will carry out the procession only if senior leader Harmohan Dhawan joins her.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“She asked me to call Dhawan to come and join the procession and said that only then will she let the vehicles move,” said an inspector of the UT Police.
Being office hour and with roads blocked, the dividing road of Sector 34 and 33 was packed with cars lined up bumper to bumper. Similar was the condition at the internal road of Sector 34 leading to Sector 33.
Fire crackers were burst by the BJP workers carelessly in the middle of the traffic. Outside the counting centre, police had to ask them to be careful as cars were parked on either side of the road.
Nearly 2,000 police personnel were on duty in the entire city. The DSPs of the three divisions along with DSPs of the special units, crime, cyber crime, operations etc were deployed across the city.